Top 9 Italian Cuisine Dishes You Must Cook
” Italian food really reflects the people. It reflects like a prism that fragments into regions.”
Hands down, Italian cuisine is one of the largely-appreciated, followed cuisines of the world. From Pizzas to Pasta to Raviolis many Italian dishes changed our perspective on food. The intense whiff of olives, jalapenos, zucchinis tossing, and turning lively in the saucepans, a thick layer of mayonnaise over them is one of the vivid scenes you would never forget. Admit it, at least once you must have wolfed down a plate of Pasta or soulfully devoured a slice of a heavy-cheese Pizza slice in your life. This profound effect of Italian Cuisine on our daily lives is very overwhelming. So, what are you waiting for? Don your chef’s hat and storm into the pantry. Let’s make some Italian recipes!
Here are the 10 Italian foods you must cook right away to amuse and pamper your tastebuds.
1. Spaghetti & Meatballs
Are you wondering what to cook for a breezy, casual night? Well, fret not we got you covered? Juicy garlic meatballs bouncing in the homemade spaghetti sauce with its luring aroma will never cease to amaze its audience. Though this Italian recipe takes an hour for preparation, it is very easy to prepare and it is very delicious as well. Brew this impeccable recipe on a Saturday night and you will bring a big, wide, and cheesy smile on your family members’ lips. Let us know some amazing details about this delicacy.
- Grab a large pot and boil some amount of water and sprinkle salt into it. Then, cook the store-bought spaghetti in the pot and drain the remaining water.
- Take a medium-large sized cooking bowl and mix the beef with ingredients bread crumbs, Parmesan, egg, garlic, parsley, salt, and red pepper flakes. Once the ingredients are blended well, divide the mixture equally into the desired number of parts, and form balls.
- Sprinkle some oil over a large-sized cooking pot and heat the oil by maintaining the flame at low. Now, add the meatballs and cook by tossing and turning them occasionally until they obtain brown color on sides. Transfer the contents onto a plate.
- Toss the chopped onions into the same cooking pot and saute until they lose the crisp and become soft. Now, add mashed tomatoes and bay leaf and saute them till blended. Sprinkle salt and pepper and sim the cooker for a while. Bring the meatballs back to the pot and mix them with the onion-tomato mixture and cover the pot for 10 minutes.
- Serve this hot and happening dish with some sprinkled Parmesan on top.
Pro Tip: Always prefer homemade sauce to the store-bought sauce as the meatballs blend well with the homemade one. Don’t dilute the sauce by adding a lot of water. Keep it thick and soft at the same time.
Click here to know the full recipe of Spaghetti & Meatballs.
2. Air Fryer Pizza
Making a pizza in your kitchen is a blessing in disguise. Despite preparing many challenging dishes at home, we often fail at making a perfect pizza. Let’s tweak things a bit here, replace the oven with air fryers and there is no looking back. Exciting, isn’t it? This Italian recipe goes well with air fryers as it excels in cooking an ideal crust for any type of pizza. It will resemble the pizzas you munch at a local joint, fluffy in the center, and crispy on the sides. Sounds a lot better without the oven in the picture, right? Let’s dive in and know the full recipe.
- On a clean surface, flatten a ball of the dough physically into a medium-sized circle or a size smaller than the air fryer basket. Repeat the same with the other balls as well. Brush the flatten dough with olive oil and place the brushed side into the air fryer.
- Grab a medium-sized bowl and transfer the ingredients like sliced tomatoes, garlic, onions, olives oregano, and jalapenos into it. Toss and turn the mixture carefully not to break the tomatoes and the jalapenos.
- Now spoon the mixture onto the center of the flattened dough. Then, spread it evenly by leaving a half-inch crust for some crunchiness.
- Now shred some amount of mozzarella cheese on them and air fry the contents at 400 degrees for 12 minutes until the crust turns golden brown.
- Remove the air fried pizzas from the fryer and garnish them with oregano, basil leaves, and pepper.
- Voila! your pizza is ready to devour.
Pro Tip: Always make the pizza in the basket of the air fryer. It is difficult to transfer the already made pizza into the air fryer. Prefer using tongs to take out the pizza from the air fryer. This way, all the vegetable toppings will stay in place.
Click here to know the full recipe of Air Fryer Pizza.
3. Italian Sausage Stuffed Zucchini
- Preheat your microwave oven at 400 degrees and set it aside. Cut the zucchinis into lateral halves and scoop out its contents completely thus making the zucchini pieces hollow and light.
- Grab a large skillet and pour some oil into it. Cook the marinated chicken sausage by tossing and turning them occasionally until they are completely seared.
- Transfer the seared chicken sausage into a large mixing bowl and add breadcrumbs, mozzarella cheese, garlic, fontina, and basil. Mix the contents of this mixture until they are blended perfectly.
- Now, spoon the contents of the mixture into the hollow zucchini boats. Spread the contents evenly without forming any lumps and shred some mozzarella cheese as a topping.
- Place the stuffed zucchinis into the preheated oven and bake them until the cheese is golden brown. Transfer the contents onto a plate and let the zucchinis cool for a minute or so.
- Munch your zucchinis with zeal and zest.
Click here to know the full recipe of Italian Sausage Stuffed Zucchini.
4. Italian Mac & Cheese
We would have been labeled as traitors if we skip any type of pasta in this listing. The pasta was, is, and will be one of the most influential dishes hailing from the Italian cuisine. This Italian dish triggered many similar recipes across the world but none could match the precise detailing and the impeccable demeanor of the original. Macaroni loaded with dollops of white cheese and Parmesan is still the quintessential recipe adored by many food lovers. Let’s dive into the details of this Italian legend.
- Preheat your microwave oven at 350 degrees and set it aside. Grab a large skillet cook sausage over a medium flame and using a wooden spatula break the sausage until it is completely seared and no longer retains the color pink.
- Add the vegetables like chopped onion, garlic, sliced bell peppers to the sausage, and cook it by stirring it consistently until the mixture becomes soft.
- Toss some amount of cavatappi into the sausage mixture and pour the marinara sauce and season the broth with some salt. When the liquid is boiling consistently, reduce the flame to medium and simmer until the pasta is al dente and all the liquid is consumed by the cavatappi.
- Stir it in the folding-half method and simmer the stove until the liquid is completely absorbed. Remove it from the stove and grate mozzarella cheese on top of it.
- Transfer the contents of the mixture into a large baking dish. Bake it until the cheese is bubbly and golden texture. Top it with some parsley before serving.
- Here you go! The hot Italian dish is waiting for you to wolf it down.
Click here to know the full recipe of Italian Mac & Cheese.
5. No-Bun Bruschetta Burgers
Bored of bun burgers you have been munching mechanically? Wannan ditch those flatbreads and move onto something different but healthier at the same time? Welcome aboard, this is the ideal no-bun recipe you are seeking for. Sliced tomatoes holding the overloaded chicken patty along with the basil leaves, oregano, pepper, salt, and most importantly the emotion of the Italians. This low carbohydrate dish is very easy to make if you have the chicken patties ready. Let’s learn more about this casual snack recipe.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ingredients required for patties such as chicken, garlic, basil, Parmesan, and vinegar. Sprinkle salt and pepper in prescribed amounts and form patties of equal size.
- Grab a large skillet and pour some oil over medium flame. Add the patties onto the pan and cook until the bottom is seared. Flip it after some time and cook until it is seared on either side as well.
- Now, top the seared patties with grated mozzarella cheese and cover the skillet with a lid and cook until the cheese is melted completely and the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Slice the tomatoes horizontally into two halves. Then, season the interior of the halves with salt and pepper.
- Now, carefully place the chopped basil leaves along with some spinach, and coriander leaves on any sliced tomato half.
- Place the patty on the decorated half of the tomato and see to it that it doesn’t fall. Put the other tomato slice and press them gently so that the patty fits in.
- Voila! your no-bun burger is ready. Complement it with any homemade drink or store-bought coke for an unforgettable experience.
Click here to know the full recipe of N0-Bun Bruschetta Burgers.
6. Italian Focaccia
Always wanted to make this classic Italian Recipe but never had the will or zeal to do it? Are you confused by many prevailing Focaccia recipes available and lost your interest in it? Fret not, you are in the right place. We present to you the recipe for one of the pioneers of Italian cuisine. Made using homemade ingredients this classic version of Focaccia is crunchy and crispy on the exterior and soft and light in the interior. For beginners, this recipe gives a perfect headstart into the world of bread and buns. Let’s tame this Italian recipe with some great tips and advice.
Tips & Tricks
- Always bloom your yeast before adding it to the dough. Yeast decides whether the bread will be baked in the desired way or not. Good yeast means good bread.
- Focaccia always merges well with olive oil. Olive oil helps the dough to be fluffy and soft when baked completely. The dough used here can absorb olive oil to any extent.
- Always poke your Focaccia dough to the edges of the pan. Poking and stretching the dough makes it more attractive as it achieves the nook and corners.
- Focaccia tastes great if you top it with any desired ingredients. Make sure that it doesn’t go overboard as it may destroy the taste.
- Take a small measuring cup and pour some water and boil it lukewarmly. Then add sugar and dissolve it completely by stirring. Sprinkle it over the yeast and wait until its frothy.
- Grease a large bowl with olive oil and set it aside. In another large bowl, add flour, salt, and 2 spoons of olive oil. Pour the bloomed yeast onto it and mix it until combined.
- Knead it until the dough forms into a ball. Then, transfer the kneaded dough onto a flour sprinkled surface and knead until it is elastic and smooth. Transfer the dough into the greased bowl and cover it using a cling wrap. It doubles in size after an hour.
- Now, preheat the oven at 400 degrees. Punch the dough to deflate it slightly. Press your fingers to spread the dough and place it in the oven.
- Brush it with olive oil and turn on the oven. Bake it until it is puffy.
Click here to know the full recipe of Italian Foccacia.
7. Classic Lasagna
Lasagna is undoubtedly the best recipe Italian cuisine has offered us. Its diverse layers consisting of cheese, noodles, pasta, and beef is very intriguing and interesting. Preparing a lasagna isn’t very tiresome if you follow some tips and tricks. Lasagnas are very heavy as it majorly contains beef and cheese. Let’s dive into the world of Lasagnas and learn more about them.
Tips & Tricks
- Noodles in your Lasagna always need a perfect structure and texture. Never overcook your noodles as they pass through various layers of cheese and ham. Don’t take the risk of making them mushy.
- Oil your noodles before you mix them up with ham and cheese. Put some drops of olive oil while boiling them. This helps the noodles to slip easily between the various layers. Cool the noodles by spreading them over a baking sheet.
- Drain the extra fat from the beef while cooking it on the skillet. If you skip this step, then blame yourself if the dish becomes too greasy.
- Never bake your lasagna for a long period. It may look as if the outer layer is raw but the inner layers will be cooked thoroughly even before the outer layer is baked. Don’t let your eyes deceive you.
- Preheat the microwave oven at 375 degrees. In a large bowl, cook the store-bought pasta according to the printed instructions and drain the remaining water. Spread the cooked pasta on a baking sheet and let it cool.
- In a large cooking pot, heat the drizzled oil over medium heat. Cook the beef until its no longer pink. Drain the excess fat after removing it from the stove.
- Bring the beef back to the skillet add oregano and cook it for a minute by stirring it continuously.
- Combine ricotta, parmesan along with some salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Set it aside for time being.
- In a large dish, evenly spread the meat sauce at the bottom. Then, top it with the layer of ricotta mixture, a layer of mozzarella cheese, and a layer of meat sauce. Repeat the same pattern of layers consecutively. Mix the top layer of noodles with cheese, meat sauce, and parmesan.
- Bake it for 15 minutes by covering it with a foil. Uncover it and bake it again for 18 minutes. Garnish it with parsley before serving it.
Click here to know the full details of Classic Lasagna.
8. Ground Turkey Italian Sloppy Joes
On a hunt to satisfy your insatiable burger cravings but cannot fulfill it due to the looming opinions thrust out by your peers and families? Packed with beef and cheese with a deft Italian touch, these burgers will give your taste buds a run. With its impeccable aura and taste, this is a perfect snack for you to munch while binging your favorite T.V show or movie. This recipe is easy to make although it requires some sort of preparation. You can prepare the required ingredients well in advance and assemble them whenever you want to. So, don your chef’s hat and let’s blast some burgers.
- In a large skillet pour some oil and heat it over medium flame. Add sliced or chopped onions and cook them for a while. Complement the onions with ingredients like ground turkey, Parmesan, salt, and red pepper flakes. Cook until the turkey is golden brown and no longer pink.
- Add marinara and stir until the turkey is coated with it. Then, simmer the stove until its slightly thickened.
- Heat the broiler. Stuff the ground turkey into hoagies or round-shaped burger buns. Top it with provolone and cheese and broil it for 5 minutes. Garnish it with parsley before you serve it.
Click here to know the full details of Ground Turkey Italian Sloppy Joes.
9. Easy Carbonara
There are days in your life where you only craved for some simple food to ease your diet and to slow down your calorie count. This recipe of Italian cuisine, creamy carbonara will cure your insatiable cravings. Well, this recipe takes very little time to prepare and you will feel so light on your stomach. This is an ideal dish for people who are looking forward to reducing their appetite. It is tasty as well as less in carbs and calories. Let us learn to conquer this simple yet subtle recipe.
Tips & Tricks
- Always season your pasta water with the right amount of salt. Salt will make your pasta taste like something.
- Save some pasta water after draining its contents. The starch water might help you in making the cream stiffer and consistent.
- To concoct an authentic carbonara sauce, you only require eggs and parmesan. Don’t use any cream in this. The cream may sound good, but it may dilute the very taste of the cream.
- Bacon is cured, smoked pork belly, pancetta is only cured pork belly, and guanciale is pure cured pork jowl. We always store the bacon in the fridge. So, it’s better to use pancetta or guanciale.
- Turn off the heat when you mix the cooked bacon with egg and parmesan mixture. The eggs will easily be cooked with the residual heat of the pan and its contents.
- In a large cooking pot of boiling water add a pinch of salt and cook the spaghetti according to the printed instructions. Drain its contents reserving 1 cup of pasta water. Whisk eggs and parmesan in a medium bowl until combined.
- Then, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Reserve the fat the skillet has collected. Drain its contents.
- Add garlic and cook it over medium heat in the same skillet. Add cooked spaghetti and toss it until it is fully coated in the bacon fat. Remove it from the stove.
- Pour it over the egg and parmesan mixture and stir vigorously until it’s creamy and frothy. Add the remaining starch water to loosen up the mixture.
- Season it soulfully with salt and pepper and cook it with bacon.
- Top it with olive oil, parsley, parmesan before serving it.
Click here to know the full recipe of Easy Carbonara.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is a traditional Italian breakfast?
A. Italian breakfast consists of caffe latte or coffee with bread or rolls, butter, and jam. A cookie-like rusk hard bread called Fette biscotti, and cookies are commonly eaten.
2. What are traditional Italian foods?
A. The 10 Most Iconic Foods to Eat in Italy
- Fiorentina Steak
3. Why Italian food is so popular?
A. Italian cuisine is known for its regional diversity, especially between the north and the south of the Italian peninsula. It offers an abundance of taste, and is one of the most popular and copied in the world. It influenced several cuisines around the world, chiefly that of the United States.
- Feature Image: Designed and created at canva.com using the free image designing feature.
- Reference Images: All the images used to depict the above-mentioned dishes have been used from the URL google.com/images or Google Images which has various authenticated links to websites.
- The image used in Spaghetti & Meatballs is obtained from https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/spaghetti-and-meatballs.html
- The picture uploaded in Air Fryer Pizza is taken from https://www.liveeatlearn.com/air-fryer-pizza/
- The image attached in Italian Sausage Stuffed Zucchini is uploaded from https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nancy-fuller/sausage-stuffed-zucchini-boats-2765700
- The picture depicted in Italian Mac & Cheese is obtained from https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/macaroni-and-cheese-recipe-1944466
- The image used in No-Bun Bruschetta Burgers is taken from https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/736971926498824619/
- The picture attached in Italian Focaccia is uploaded from https://www.handletheheat.com/focaccia-bread/
- The image used in Classic Lasagna is obtained from https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/lasagna/
- The picture depicted in Ground Turkey Italian Sloppy Joes is taken from https://reciperunner.com/italian-sloppy-joes/
- The image uploaded in Easy Carbonara is obtained from https://damndelicious.net/2014/03/29/spaghetti-carbonara/